The Environment Agency (EA) held a consultation seeking views regarding charge proposals that start in April 2019.
The proposals followed various changes implemented in April 2018 as a result of the EA's Strategic Review of Charges (SRoC) programme.
These further changes were designed to:
- add clarity to existing charging schemes
- accommodate changes in costs of regulation
- make new charging scheme changes that were not included in the SRoC
- The Environmental Protection (Disposal of Polychlorinated Biphenyls and other Dangerous Substances) (England and Wales) Regulations 2000
- Water abstraction - Dee and Wye standard charge only
- EU Emissions Trading Scheme
- Producer responsibility
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment Compliance Scheme
This consultation closed on 1 February 2019. Details of the outcome can be viewed here.